Christian, how now shall you vote?
America is more divided and hostile along political lines and tribes than ever before. For some, politics may have become their substitute religion in place of a true faith in Christ Jesus as King of kings.
So how can Christians understand and engage in our political processes as culture-changing Christians who use their influence in redemptive ways for the glory of God and the good of others?
Dr. Jim Denison joins Dr. Mark Turman to discuss the presidential political season and the intersection of faith, hope, and love with politics, government, and power.
- How did Denison Ministries start? | 03:01
- “Use new words to communicate the same truth” | 8:26
- Dr. Denison’s greatest hope in this political season | 12:03
- Dr. Denison’s greatest fear in this political season | 18:58
- How are AI, social media, and tech affecting politics? | 19:51
- How can Christians prepare themselves well for voting? | 22:15
- When politics is exhausting | 27:33
- 4 anchoring biblical truths for political engagement | 30:15
- Billionaire political influence | 36:05
- Are humans fundamentally good or as fundamentally flawed? | 39:44
- What does it mean to be made in the image of God? | 43:56
- Is politics our new national religion? | 46:49
- The rise of secular religion | 57:16
- Should Christians protest? | 1:01:08
- How can doubt and disbelief become transforming faith? A conversation with Alister McGrath
- How the arts and sciences reveal God’s genius: Dr. Jonathan Witt discusses “A Meaningful World”
- What happens when a theoretical physicist meets God? A conversation with Dr. Tom Rudelius
- How do you spot a deepfake video?
- What does the Bible say about politics?
- What does the Bible say about religious liberty?
- “The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship”
- Citizens of two countries
- A majority of Americans aren’t proud to be American: Why the difference between pride and patriotism matters
About Dr. Jim Denison
Jim Denison, PhD, is a cultural theologian and the founder and CEO of Denison Ministries. Jim speaks biblically into significant cultural issues at Denison Forum. He is the chief author of The Daily Article and has written more than 30 books, including The Coming Tsunami, the Biblical Insight to Tough Questions series, and The Fifth Great Awakening.
About Dr. Mark Turman
Dr. Mark Turman is the Executive Director of Denison Forum and Vice President of Denison Ministries.
Among his many duties, Turman is most notably the host of The Denison Forum Podcast. He is also the chief strategist for DF Pastors, which equips pastors and church leaders to understand and transform today’s culture.
About Denison Forum
Denison Forum exists to thoughtfully engage the issues of the day from a biblical perspective through The Daily Article email newsletter and podcast, The Denison Forum Podcast, as well as many books and additional resources.