About the Authors:
Jim Denison, PhD, is a cultural theologian and the founder and CEO of Denison Ministries, which is transforming 6.8 million lives through meaningful digital content.
He is the author of over 30 books, including:
- The Coming Tsunami: Why Christians Are Labeled Intolerant, Irrelevant, Oppressive, and Dangerous—and How We Can Turn the Tide
- Respectfully, I Disagree: How to Be a Civil Person in an Uncivil Time
- Biblical Insight to Tough Questions series, a ten-volume set
He has taught the philosophy of religion and apologetics at several seminaries.
Dr. Denison serves as Resident Scholar for Ethics with Baylor Scott & White Health, where he addresses issues such as genetic medicine and reproductive science.
He is a Senior Fellow with:
- CEO Forum
- 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative
- International Alliance of Christian Education
- Dallas Baptist University’s Institute for Global Engagement
He holds a Doctor of Philosophy and a Master of Divinity degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He also received an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Dallas Baptist University. Dr. Denison is the Theologian in Residence for the Baptist General Convention of Texas. Prior to launching Denison Forum in 2009, he pastored churches in Texas and Georgia.
Jim and his wife, Janet, live in Tyler, Texas. They have two married sons and four grandchildren.
Ryan Denison, PhD, is the Senior Editor for Theology at Denison Forum.
Ryan writes The Daily Article every Friday and contributes writing and research to many of the ministry’s productions. He holds a PhD in church history from BH Carroll Theological Institute after having earned his MDiv at Truett Seminary. He’s authored The Path to Purpose, What Are My Spiritual Gifts?, How to Bless God by Blessing Others, 7 Deadly Sins, and has contributed writing or research to every Denison Forum book.