Summary: Pastor Bruce Miller is the author of Leading a Church in a Time of Sexual Questioning. He joins Dr. Jim Denison and Dr. Mark Turman for a robust and honest discussion on how Christians can relate to those in the LGBTQ+ community without sacrificing truth or love.
- Why is June 28 important to the LGBTQ+ movement in America? (2:56)
- What led Bruce Miller to write Leading a Church in a Time of Sexual Questioning? (6:04)
- With regards to LGBTQ+ issues, where are we as a culture? As a church? (8:33)
- Is the LGBTQ+ movement the same as the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s? (17:38).
- How can Christians relate to those in the LGBTQ+ community without sacrificing truth or love? (25:41)
- Should Christians disassociate from other professed Christians who are knowingly living out of alignment with God’s will? (38:53)
- What does it mean that we’re all “broken sexually”? (47:23)
Resources and further reading
- Leading a Church in a Time of Sexual Questioning: Grace-Filled Wisdom for Day-to-Day Ministry by Bruce Miller
- “What does the Bible say about homosexuality?“
- “Strange New World by Carl. R Trueman is the best historical explanation of our current cultural crisis“
- The Denison Forum Podcast Episode 3: The rise of the sexual revolution
- Grace/Truth 1.0: Five Conversations Every Thoughtful Christian Should Have About Faith, Sexuality and Gender by Dr. Preston Sprinkle
- Grace/Truth 2.0: Five More Conversations Every Thoughtful Christian Should Have About Faith, Sexuality & Gender by Dr. Preston Sprinkle
About the hosts
Jim Denison, PhD, is a cultural theologian and the founder and CEO of Denison Ministries, which is transforming 6.8 million lives through meaningful digital content.
Dr. Mark Turman is the executive director of Denison Forum. He received his DMin from Truett Seminary at Baylor and previously served as lead pastor of Crosspoint Church.
About the guest
Bruce Miller has been the pastor of Christ Fellowship Church in McKinney, Texas, since 1997. He founded Centers for Church Based Training and helped develop The WISDOM Process©, a systematic way to think through issues and make decisions. Bruce taught theology at Dallas Theological Seminary and is the author of six books. He speaks at churches, organizations, and conferences about the culture’s changing views on human sexuality and the impact on the church. Bruce and his wife, Tamara, have five grown children and live in McKinney, Texas.