Jesus said, “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars.”
So when terrorists strike, missiles are fired, and ground wars begin in the Middle East, it’s easy to question whether the end times are coming.
To add to our anxiety, the words surrounding how Christians discuss the end times are daunting: Eschatology. Premillennialism. Postmillennialism. Dispensationalism. Replacement theology. What do they mean? Do they all have the same importance? Should we care about them today?
In this episode of The Denison Forum Podcast, Dr. Jim Denison and his son Dr. Ryan Denison join Dr. Mark Turman for an insightful discussion on end-times thinking as it relates to the ongoing conflict in Israel and Gaza.
In the end—whenever the end truly may come—let’s remember how Jesus completed his statement on the rumors of wars: “See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place” (Matthew 24:6).
- (01:24): One month into the war, what’s going on in Israel?
- (06:24): What is eschatology? And why does it matter in the Middle East right now?
- (09:10): Why do many American Christians hold to a dispensational view of the end times?
- (16:07): Is having a right eschatology a primary doctrine of Christianity?
- (22:55): Is Israel our key indictor of the end times coming?
- (26:24): Are Israelites still God’s people?
- (31:03): Are Christians too focused on predicting the end times?
- (34:53): Why the end times matter for you right now
- (40:40): Closing prayer
- Transcript (PDF)
- Is the conflict in Israel a sign of the end times?
- Are we living in the end times?
- More on the war in Israel by Denison Ministries
- The Gift of Immanuel: A 25-Day Advent Devotional
About Dr. Jim Denison
Jim Denison, PhD, is a cultural theologian and the founder and CEO of Denison Ministries. He speaks biblically into significant cultural issues at Denison Forum. He is the chief author of The Daily Article and has written more than 30 books, including The Coming Tsunami, the Biblical Insight to Tough Questions series, and The Fifth Great Awakening.
About Dr. Ryan Denison
Ryan Denison, PhD, is the Senior Editor for Theology at Denison Forum. Ryan writes The Daily Article every Friday and contributes writing and research to many of the ministry’s productions. He holds a PhD in church history from BH Carroll Theological Institute after having earned his MDiv at Truett Seminary. He’s authored The Path to Purpose, What Are My Spiritual Gifts?, How to Bless God by Blessing Others, 7 Deadly Sins, and has contributed writing or research to every Denison Forum book.
About Dr. Mark Turman
Dr. Mark Turman is the Executive Director of Denison Forum and Vice President of Denison Ministries. Among his many duties, Turman is most notably the host of The Denison Forum Podcast. He is also the chief strategist for DF Pastors, which equips pastors and church leaders to understand and transform today’s culture.
About Denison Forum
Denison Forum exists to thoughtfully engage the issues of the day from a biblical perspective through The Daily Article email newsletter and podcast, The Denison Forum Podcast, as well as many books and additional resources.