Category: Reviews Written by Ryan Denison
Category: Reviews Written by Jim Denison
Surprised by Oxford is the story of Weber's first year as a student at the world's oldest university. I was not just surprised by Surprised by Oxford—I was stunned.
Category: Reviews Written by Nick Pitts
This movie centers upon Schultz's training for the 1988 Olympics. Taking place three years after the fact in 1987, Mark is down and out after earning a gold medal in the 1984 Olympics. In a desire to return to the gold medal podium, Mark trains with and in the shadow of older brother Dave, fellow 1984 Olympic gold medalist. However, Mark wants to make a name for himself apart from his brother. Millionaire John du Pont also has a great desire to make a name for himself, one that is patriotic and philanthropic in nature. Thus, these two individuals, with deep aspirations to be known, join together for the better part of the movie in a perceived mutually beneficial relationship.
- 5 reminders from seeing Selma
- Into the Woods: a movie review
- Stephen Hawking's story: The Theory of Everything
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Exodus: Gods and Kings
- The salvation of Ebenezer Scrooge
- Interstellar: Who can you trust? (Spoiler alert)
- The Judge: should Duvall have played the role?
- Making Fury: did Shia LaBeouf become a Christian?
- How a Jesse Stone novel reflects our sexual culture