Category: Reviews Written by Nick Pitts
Played by the brilliant Eddie Redmayne, Stephen Hawking comes alive onscreen as you watch him relentlessly pursue this theory of everything. This should come as no surprise seeing as how Redmayne left "the people singing" after his portrayal of Marius in Les Miserables two years ago.
Category: Reviews Written by James Peel
Category: Reviews Written by Jim Denison
Now we have the final biblical movie of the year with Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods and Kings. Christian Bale plays Moses, while Australian actor Joel Edgerton is the pharaoh Ramses. One reviewer says of the movie, "though it's a good film, it could have been a great one." He says director Ridley Scott "deserves kudos for the film's being masterfully shot" and applauds Christian Bale for giving "yet another stellar performance which is both engaging and compelling."
- The salvation of Ebenezer Scrooge
- Interstellar: Who can you trust? (Spoiler alert)
- The Judge: should Duvall have played the role?
- Making Fury: did Shia LaBeouf become a Christian?
- How a Jesse Stone novel reflects our sexual culture
- Believe Me: a movie review
- Guardians of the Galaxy: a movie review (SPOILER ALERT)
- Edge of Tomorrow: a movie review
- View from the Top: a book review
- Irreplaceable the movie by Focus on the Family