Category: Sports Written by James Peel
In baseball, the American sports obsession has manifested itself mainly through the rise of statistics. Known as "sabermetrics", this burgeoning area of interest seeks to quantify as much of the game of baseball as is possible. From statistics about batting, to pitching and fielding, sabermetrics seeks to go further in understanding the game we all love.
Category: Sports Written by Nick Pitts
Verbally belittling the towing company employee, McHenry asked the pompous rhetorical question, "Do you know who I am?" Continuing, she said, "I'm in the news sweetheart, I will (expletive) sue this place." If that wasn't enough, she continued to assert herself by saying, "I'm on television and you're in a (expletive) trailer, honey."
Category: Sports Written by Ryan Denison
Mike Fisher, a center for the Nashville Predators, understands what McQuaid is trying to do better than most. He is among the most outspoken Christians in the NHL. Asked why more believers in the league haven't been more vocal about their faith, he simply responded that it's because they understand that doing so goes against the culture in hockey. Vancouver's Dan Hamhuis echoed those thoughts in describing how anything that sets you apart is often fair game for ridicule. In that setting, a person's faith is no more sacred or off limits than the clothes they wear or their haircut.
- NCAA National Championship and the value of team
- Rory McIlroy: professional golfer and…prophet?
- Superfan Judd threatened on Twitter: women and the web
- NCAA tournament: every school's a winner
- Selection Sunday, predestination, and rejection
- NHL trade deadline: a daughter's wish comes true
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey triumphs in just 14 seconds
- NFL Combine: have you been training?
- Dean Smith: impactful on the court and influential off
- Go Johnny go: from football field to rehab clinic