Category: Morality Written by Ryan Denison
But I can't. We can't. At least, not unless someone can show us how our understanding of God's word is wrong. Personally, there's a part of me that hopes it is. There's a part of me that wants to be misunderstanding Paul when he calls such behavior unnatural in Romans 1. And there's a part of me that wants the prohibitions in Leviticus 18 and elsewhere to be contextually limited to that time and no longer relevant today. I've spent a lot of time researching and studying the subject hoping to find convincing, God-inspired evidence that that is the case. However, with every book, every prayer, and every minute spent in God's word seeking guidance, I simply become more and more convinced that the scriptures are clear on this subject and that acting on a homosexual orientation is against God's will.
Category: Morality Written by Nick Pitts
Illustrative examples are littered throughout the American context. For instance, it takes supremely confident thoughts to walk across the room and start a conversation with the most beautiful person in the room. Insecure thoughts abundantly explain the inaction to stay across the room, holding the wall up and becoming a type of wallflower. And what else can explain, besides wrong thinking and false encouragement from horrible friends, the reason certain contestants participate in American Idol.
Category: Morality Written by Drew Dickens
If you are the parent of a child born between 1980 and 2000 and haven't been asked that question, then your day of reckoning is nigh. Or perhaps it won't be phrased as a question. Perhaps a statement, "I want a tattoo" or even better…"I got a tattoo." I have had the conversation with our youngest son. The final outcome may surprise you, but we will get there in a moment…
So take a deep breath for now and let's consider a few things.
- Seeing through the haze: a postmodern theology of marijuana
- Millennials: What is the effect of social media?
- Jerry Seinfeld says colleges are too politically correct
- What is 'the whole duty of man'?
- Facebook: where millennials get the news and feed their cows
- Pope Francis calls for a new moral compass
- Blind man can see: the power of beauty
- Millennials: why can't they quit porn?
- Shortening attention spans, cable news, and goldfish
- The mind of the millennial written by a millennial