Category: Morality Written by Emily Mills
From the first sounds of Destiny's Child, I was hooked. In high school, I memorized every run and ad-lib. With windows rolled down in my A/C-less '84 BMW, I would scream all of the words to "Survivor," a song that described the core integrity and strength of a woman who refused to bow down to her offenders' ploys.
Category: Morality Written by Jim Denison
Meanwhile, a staffer at the Federal Communications Commission spent up to eight hours a week browsing porn at work, while a Treasury Department employee downloaded more than 13,000 pornographic images in a six-week span. This news prompted Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) to introduce a bill making porn viewing illegal for all federal employees while at work. His bill would require the Office of Management and Budget to issue guidelines prohibiting porn watching on federal computers.
Category: Morality Written by James Peel
Cathy said that he would like to be remembered as one who kept his “priorities in the right order.” Let's examine his priorities. Most people know that he kept his restaurants closed on Sundays so his employees could have a day of rest, honoring the biblical commandment to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. But that's not the only way that Cathy demonstrated his desire to keep things in order.
- The pope's top 10 rules for happiness
- The business of abortion
- KFC and Starbucks: 3 ways to change culture
- Obsessive compulsive religion
- Robotic morality?
- The fifty dollar baby and the smiling sisters
- The Grammys: 3 ways Jesus would respond to 'Same Love'
- Duck Dynasty: two things Phil Robertson did right
- How Pope Francis still loves the 'least of these'
- The Deep Web: the online black market